Saturday, 23 August 2014

The Seven Deadly Sins Tag

The lovely Charnell at Reviews from a Bookworm tagged me to do The Seven Deadly Sins tag and I'm beyond excited. You guys know how much I love answering survey-type questions. And you know how much I like books. So it just makes sense that I would love bookish tags/surveys. Enough with the babble, and lets just get started.

Greed
What is your most inexpensive book?
I own a lot of books that I haven't paid for. This is because my family pretty much only gift me books or gift cards to bookstores when it is my birthday or Christmas time. However, I'll choose the latest book that has been gifted to me and that is Vixen by Jillian Larkin. Courtesy of my wonderful grandma.





Wrath
What author do you have a love/hate relationship with?
Okay, so this was actually quite a hard question. So far in my reading life, there hasn't been an author where I've LOVED one series and HATED another, so I'm going to go with J. K. Rowling for this one. I love her because Harry Potter, and I hate her because Harry Potter. I've been expecting my Hogwarts letter for the last 8 years, and I hate that it hasn't arrived yet.


Gluttony
What book have you devoured over and over again with no shame?
Easiest question to answer ever. The Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling.


Sloth
Which book have you neglected reading due to laziness?
That would definitely have to be Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. I really want to read Jane Eyre, but I keep putting it off because classics take that little bit of extra effort and time to read and there are so many other books I have to read and just ugh. I can't be bothered with it half of the time, which is a shame. But I will read it. Soon. I promise. I even have a really beautiful edition of this book too...


Pride
What book do you most talk about in order to sound like an intellectual reader?
I'm going to have to say Hamlet by the one and only Shakespeare. And that's only because I studied it in year 12 literature when I was in year 11, so yeah...


Lust
What attributes do you find attractive in male or female characters?
Female: Be mentally strong, sure of yourself and what you want. Don't be annoying and don't turn into a big messy puddle around your love interest.
Male: 
I literally spent an hour and a half looking for this post because my laptop decided to die and I lost all of my photos :''''(


Envy
What book would you most like to receive as a gift?
I'm desperate to get my hands on the following babies. Not so desperate that I've broken by book-buying ban...but I'm being pushed to the limits of my self-control...
13574417 Amy and Roger's Epic Detour 18775628 10576365 Doon (Doon, #1) 15791085 13597755 21911416 The Merciless (The Merciless, #1) 11366397 18189606 15749186 Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea (Between, #1) 17378508
I clearly have a problem.

I Tag...
Ely and Chami at A Book So Fathomless
Miranda at BooKss101

Until next time,

12 comments:

  1. If i were to list all the books I wanted, I'd just show a pic of a bookshop and say: I WANT 10 COPIES OF EACH BOOK IN THAT PIC. :D

    Awesome post, girly! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSSSS. That is very accurate!

      Thanks for stopping by, Mel. <3

      Delete
  2. What a brilliant tag Ebs, reminds me of the chocolate book tag that was doing the rounds, but this one actually makes sense. I absolutely love your edition of Jane Eyre, it's stunning! I must admit, I haven't read it either. but have 2 copies (one being a collectors edition, the other to actually read). I've only read four from your wishlist you have going, The Darkest Minds is absolutely brilliant, and the follow up is just as incredible. The third book is due out in November, and I can't wait to see what you think of it. I luuuuuurved it <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Kelly. :) I can't wait to read The Darkest Minds! It's been on my "really need to read" list for such a long time - I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  3. Oh wow I didn't think I knew what my perfect man was until that picture. Yes. A million times yes. Will Herondale is all I want in a man. Hahahaha. This is a wonderful tag, Ebony. And YES. I wouldn't mind receiving some of those books as gifts, either ;)

    Marianne @ Boricuan Bookworms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Will Herondale is just...perfection!

      Delete
  4. This is such a creative idea for a tag - haha! I absolutely loved Dangerous Girls (SOOO GOOD!), The Darkest Minds and Alienated when I read them, so I hope you end up enjoying them just as much as I do when you read them. Thanks for sharing, and BRILLIANT post! <3

    ~ Zoe @ The Infinite To-Read Shelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very fun tag to do. :) I NEED DANGEROUS GIRLS ALREADY! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed them, Zoe. :)

      Delete
  5. I know what you mean about the classics. There are a heap of them that I want to read, but they are ALWAYS pushed behind the non-classics that I want to read. Oops.

    I did Hamlet when I was in year eleven, too! High five for being English smarties, haha XD

    Some of the books on your wishlist ARE REALLY GOOD (The Program, Since You've Been Gone, The Falconer) AND YOU SHOULD GET THEM ASAP, which probably is not helping your book buying ban >.< But still: when you DO get around to them you'll know what I mean. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish they were as easy to read as YA, as my TBR list of classics is sooo long!

      Woo! *high five*

      I NEED THEM!

      Delete
  6. This is such a cool tag! I love your gifs! Hahah for the pride one. But, Hamlet? WOW. I have yet to read that one...or anything from that author. I've read 6 books in your envy list and they were good, except for the Hexed and Merciless ones. REALLY recommend Dangerous Girls. As in REALLY. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for tagging me! This looks a lot of fun, can't wait to get to it! I love all your answers and your gif game is so on point girl! And yes, get Dangerous Girls, Amy & Roger, Since You've Been Gone, To All the Boys and the Merciless. You won't regret it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I truly do appreciate it. Every comment is read and replied to!