Friday, 22 August 2014

Five Friday Favourites #16 - Books Read Between April and August

Five Friday Favourites is a fun weekly meme that allows participants to get involved in a prompt either book or life related and list their favourites. Feel free to do more than five favourites, however, we'd appreciate it if you didn't go over ten where possible and interpret the subject however you like. Just link back to Book Badger if you're participating.

Hello all, how are you on this glorious Friday? Looking forward to the weekend? This weeks Five Friday Favourites post focuses on our five favourite books read between April and August. This was a hard topic, as I've read a lot of good books recently and 8 of the books I've read between April and August have ended up on my all-time favourites list. It was hard to narrow the list down to five, so (unfortunately?) I've got 6 to show you today. The list will be in the order in which I finished the books.

Click the cover image to see my review or the Goodreads page.
1162022 17347389 15726915 19924185 
On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta: I know, I know. I've spoken about this book a lot. I won't bore you with blabbing on about it again.
The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater: A lot of people don't finish The Raven Boys because it's confusing. And I don't blame them for that. I almost did the same. However, I pushed on with The Raven Boys and found it intriguing, but that was all. I wasn't in love with it. However, when I read The Dream Thieves, I fell in love with the series and now I need Blue Lily, Lily Blue right NOW!
Faking Normal by Courtney C. Stevens: Such a beautiful, beautiful story. Words can't even explain. I can't wait to read something else from Courtney.
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz: Another book that needs no explanation.

18516681 8591107
Every Word by EllieMarney: Another case where I loved the sequel even more. Mycroft. London. Sherlock-inspired. Give me Every Move now.
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin: Right up my alley. Everything I hoped for and more. I wish I could review this book, because I have a lot to say about it, but unfortunately, I can't seem to formulate my thoughts into coherent sentences.

What book have you read between the months of April and August have you absolutely fell in love with?

Until next time,

18 comments:

  1. Mara Dyer!!! I am SO excited for Retribution. The release date being pushed back a gazillion times has not done wonders for my anxiety haha. Thank God November seems to be a set date now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't even finished Evolution yet and I'm excited for Retribution! I know! That's one of the reasons why I've put off starting the trilogy so many times. It's looking like November is the set date now, as Michelle is signing thousands upon thousands of pages for all of the first prints.

      Delete
  2. Ahh, Jellicoe Road! <3 I heard that there's going to be a movie, if so, I can't wait! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes! I completely forgot about that prospect! It would be such an interesting adaptation. :)

      Delete
  3. Loved Faking Normal and Mara Dyer :) I've heard great things about Jellicoe Road but I haven't read it yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo! I'm glad you enjoyed them both - you definitely need to try On the Jellicoe Road! :)

      Delete
  4. I TOTALLY AGREE WITH ARISTOTLE & DANTE. What a fantastic read, it blew me away with it's beauty. It's still with me how perfect it was. Faking Normal definitely left an impact, even though it wasn't my favourite. I still have to read the Mara Dyer series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ARISTOTLE AND DANTE IS JUST AMAZING. I'm glad you enjoyed Faking Normal, and I think you'd definitely enjoy the Mara trilogy!

      Delete
  5. FAKING NORMAL YESSSS. <3 Still have yet to read all the other books on this list. T_T I need more reading time, clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such good books listed here! I wish I could read Every Word and somehow get a hold of it, it'd be fantastic that way! Mara Dyer, I really want to try that series but I'm still wary of it, I need someone to completely sway me, like, ran it in my face kind of sway me! Thank you for taking part again though! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope you're able to get a copy one day, Amanda! I'm fairly sure it's getting published by an international publish in October(?), so perhaps you may be able to get a copy then? I hope someone sways you to read Mara soon!

      Delete
  7. The Dream Thieves and Faking Normal were some of my favorites from this year so far as well! And I'm so pathetic but I still haven't read Aristotle and Dante... I'm planning on next month though :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSSSS. AND YESSSSS. That is all. :)

      Delete
  8. JELLICOE ROAD. THE UNBECOMING OF MARA DYER. yaaaaaasssssssss.

    That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reminds me to start Every Breath and Every Word soon. I'm so slack when it comes to reading my own purchased books rather than review copies. Aristotle and Dante, my word how I loved it. It was absolute perfection. It's one of those effortless books that are packed full of social messages and diversity without being obvious or even attempting to be inclusive. It flowed beautifully.

    My most recent favourite has been Dorothy Must Die, Young World and also read Disruption which was phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss. You must start them soon! I can definitely understand that. Yes, I don't think it's possible to dislike Aristotle an Dante.

      Dorothy Must Die was great! I'm not sure if I want to read Young World, but I really need to get my butt into gear and read Disruption!

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I truly do appreciate it. Every comment is read and replied to!