Sunday, 24 August 2014

Book Boyfriends

So, today I was going to write up a double book review for the first two books in the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. But, you know what? I'm not entirely sure if I want to review them or not. Maybe I'll just do a series wrap up...Anyway, I'm just not in the right mindset to do a review today, so I decided, why not do an easy and fun post? It is Sunday after all. Let me introduce you to my book boyfriends...(and yes, I've actually managed to order them in order of my love for them...although I do love them all a lot. A lot, a lot, a lot.)

Will Herondale
The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
Favourite quote: (It's obviously too hard to choose just one, but this is the first one that comes to mind...) 
"They're not hideous," said Tessa.
Will blinked at her. "What?"
"Gideon and Gabriel," said Tessa. "They're really quite good-looking, not hideous at all."
"I spoke," said Will, in sepulchral tones, "of the pitch-black inner depths of their souls."
Tessa snorted. "And what color do you suppose the inner depths of your soul are, Will Herondale?"
"Mauve," said Will.

James Mycroft
Every by Ellie Marney
What can I even say about Mycroft? I just love him. I love that he loves Forensics, and I love his geniusness and his personality and just EVERYTHING asdfghjkl!!
Favourite quote: Unfortunately, I am away from my copies at the moment, so I can't share my favourite Mycroft quote with you just yet. :(

Augustus Waters
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
awww, thanks Gus!
Yeah. I'm not even going to explain why Gus is one of my book boyfriends, because you should know already. And if you don't, then it's your loss.
Favourite quote: "Tell me my copy is missing the last twenty pages or something.

Hazel Grace, tell me I have not reached the end of this book.

OH MY GOD DO THEY GET MARRIED OR NOT OH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS?!"

Bodee Lennox
Faking Normal by Courtney C. Stevens
Bodee is literally the sweetest guy ever and he's super adorable. If you haven't read Faking Normal, then I'd definitely recommend it if you read YA contemporary.
Favourite quote: "Lex, this'll sound weird, but when I was a kid I believed in monsters. You know, like vampires. Werewolves. Ghosts. And I believed in them because I knew at least one other monster existed. He wore a shirt with his name stitched across the pocket. And carried a fifth for a weapon."

Noah Shaw
Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Noah is just...Britsh. And, I don't even know why I love him so much (despite his British-ness), but he's like the only stable thing in Mara's life, (from some perspectives) and ugh. He's attractive, okay?
Favourite quote: (Okay, so this isn't a quote from Noah, but it's about him, and it's incredibly accurate.)
"What could I say? Noah, despite you being an asshole, or maybe because of it, I'd like to rip off your clothes and have your babies."

√Čtienne St. Clair
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
British. French. Funny. Attractive. What more could you want? (Maybe for him to be a bit taller, please?)
Favourite quote: "I'm saying I'm in love with you! I've been in love with you this whole bleeding year!"

It appears as though I'm unable to talk about my book boyfriends in coherent sentences, so please, from now, enjoy the picture and quote.

Daemon Black
Lux by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Favourite quote: "Hey kitten, if you were a book, I'd give you 5 stars." (sooo cheesy, I know!)

Jem Carstairs
The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
Favourite quote: "Ah," said a voice from the doorway, "having your annual 'everyone thinks Will is a lunatic' meeting, are you?"
"It's biannual," said Jem. "And no, this is not that meeting."

Cricket Bell
Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
Favourite quote: "Perfect is overrated. Perfect is boring."
I smile. "You don't think I'm perfect?"
"No. You're delightfully screwy, and I wouldn't have you any other way."

Noah Hutchins
Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
Favourite quote: “Come here, baby." And with my words, Echo leaned into me soft, pliant, broken. "You're not alone," I whispered into her hair as I cradled her in my arms. "You're not alone, because you have me." And I love you, more than you could ever know. ” 

Who are your book boyfriends?

Until next time,

4 comments:

  1. NOAH SHAW!!! And Cricket!! And Etienne! Yes to them!

    Also I love the doodle you included for Cricket and the guy in your Noah Shaw graphic, I NEED TO TRACK HIM DOWN. HE LOOKS CUTE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of them. They're all my boyfriends.

    But really - Cricket Bell and Bodee Lennox <3 And Peeta Mellark!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I truly do appreciate it. Every comment is read and replied to!